Heinrich Ewald Hörster
Heinrich was born in 1941 in Germany. He finished secondary school in 1960. He then joined the Finance Department and in 1963 was appointed tax inspector. In the 1st Semester of 1963, he enrolled in the Faculty of Law of the University of Bonn and, in the 2nd Semester, also in the Faculty of Letters of this University where he studied Portuguese language and culture. He completed his 1st Law Examination in 1967 and a doctorate at the University of Bonn in 1971 with a dissertation on Portuguese matrimonial law. In 1973 he made the 2nd State Examination and then worked from 1974 as a tax specialist at an American audit firm.
In October 1974, Dr. Ferrer Correia, at the Interdisciplinary Center for Juridical and Economic Studies of the University of Coimbra, joined Dr. Ferrer Correia as Vice-director of the Journal of Law and Economics.
During the years of 1979 until 2004 he was a professor at the Catholic University in Porto, and between 1989 and 1995 he also collaborated with the Universidade Lusíada in Oporto.
In 1994 he was invited by the University of Minho as an associate professor at the School of Law. In this University he presented the tests of aggregation and ended up being named full professor. In 2011 he reached retirement. In the School of Law he held several institutional positions and among them twice as President of the School, for which he was elected.
From September of 2013 returned to the classes, now in University Portucalense. Since February 2015 he has been a co-opted member of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Law of the University of Porto.
As a professor at the Catholic University and the University of Minho, he has taught over the years, in particular, the subjects of General Theory of Civil Law, Family Law (and Probate Law) and Registries and Notary Law.
At the Portucalense University he teaches the subjects of Introduction to Law and of Royal Rights (Bachelor Course) and also collaborates in the PhD Course in Legal Sciences in the Civil Legal Sciences field. In addition, it maintains some collaboration with the Law School of the University of Minho.
He has numerous publications, in Portuguese and German, in various areas of his interest.
- Direito privado
Este investigador pertence ao E-TEC.
Livros e capítulos de livros
- A Parte Geral do Código Civil Português. Teoria Geral do Direito Civil, Coimbra 1992, with 9 reprints, the last in 2017.
- Dolo lícito e (ir)responsabilidade social, em: Estudos em Comemoração dos 20 Anos da Escola de Direito da Universidade do Minho, Coimbra 2014, pp. 315–336.
- Apresentação da Conferênciacom o título A Parte Geral do Código civil resistiu à usura do tempo in Colloquium organizado pelo Instituto Politécnico em Felgueiras em Comemoração do Cinquentenário do Código Civil, 13 de outubro, 2017.
- Apresentação de um working paper para o Colóquio “A presunção de verdade e titularidade no sistema registal português” em Lisboa organizado pela Associação Sindical dos Conservadores dos Registos e do Conselho Regional da Ordem dos Advogados em Lisboa, 20 de outubro, 2017.
- A propósito da Lei n.º 8/2017, de 3 de Março: Os animais ainda serão coisas (objectos da relação jurídica)?, 10 de novembro, 2017.
- A respeito da prevalência do direito em primeiro lugar inscrito, in Jornadas de Direito Registral e Notarial, na Escola de Direito da Universidade do Minho, 13 de novembro, 2015.