Maria Cristina dos Santos Pereira
She holds a doctorate in «Law, Justice and Citizenship in the 21st Century», in the field of Sociology of Law, the State and Administration, from Coimbra University. She has two postgraduate degrees in Communication Law and Sociology from the Faculties of Law and Economics of Coimbra University. She completed the Course on Gender and Law, given by Prof. Rosemary Hunter, at the International Master in Sociology of Law from the Oñati International Institute, and also the Studies Programme of the Master’s Course in Sociology, «National Societies and globalization Processes», from the Faculty of Economics of Coimbra University. She has a first degree in International relations from Minho University.
- Feminist theories and masculinities scholarship
- Equality and anti-discrimination law/the European Union gender equality law and policies in the field of employment
- The nexus between unpaid care work and paid care work
- Feminist perspectives on international human rights law
- Gender and peacebuilding/Gender based violence
- Global governance and global security
Books and book chapters
- Pereira, Maria Cristina dos Santos (2015) Introducing a Comprehensive Directive on Care in the European Union: Elements for Further Discussion. June 5.
- Pereira, Cristina & Pinto-Coelho, Zara (2015) Maternidade e Parentalidade: reconfigurações e conflitos ideológicos. In Zara Pinto-Coelho, Moisés Martins, Maria Manuel Baptista & Sara Maia (Eds.), Representações e Práticas de Género (pp. 129-155). Braga: www.cecs.uminho.pt.
- Pereira, Maria Cristina dos Santos (2007) Diálogos sobre a Igualdade na UE. O Princípio da Igualdade de Tratamento entre Homens e Mulheres. Boletim da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra, 83, 659-704.